Pelion, the IoT connected device service provider, launched as an independent company and unveiled its new brand and enhanced offering today.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Arm, Pelion delivers the technology and experience required to harness the potential of the IoT through its scalable, easy-to-deploy services, enabling customers to securely connect and manage devices over their lifetime.
Hima Mukkamala, CEO, Pelion, says:
“With key trends like 5G and edge AI enabling distributed intelligence, Pelion is entering its next phase of growth as a more agile, focused organization primed to help our customers to realize the transformative potential of the IoT.”
“This is an exciting milestone for the business, bringing together a team with a deep heritage of device, security and network expertise. We will work with our established customer base and mature partner network as we continue on our mission to simplify the full device journey and provide a robust, secure foundation for IoT innovation.”
The IoT presents a significant opportunity: Gartner indicates that between 2019 and 2024, the enterprise IoT Platforms Market will grow by 31%*, and Connectivity Management Platforms will demonstrate a CAGR of 21.6%**. However, organizations need help navigating the complexity of deploying devices at scale, from designing devices to connecting, securing and monitoring those deployments throughout the device life cycle.
Pelion is uniquely positioned to help enterprises realize scaled device connectivity with an agnostic approach that enables IoT for any device regardless of OS, network and application. This is combined with close industry partnerships that span the full IoT value chain from silicon vendors and device makers to system integrators, independent software vendors (ISVs), mobile network operators and platform vendors.
Pelion’s Connected Device Platform brings together the connectivity and management capabilities needed for scalable deployments, delivering unified operations management for the full device journey. It is designed to facilitate scalable, secure deployments quickly and without complication, supporting both managed and unmanaged connectivity, and deployable across diverse system and device architectures.
- Connected Device Platform that fast-tracks connectivity requirements at project conception, reduces total cost of ownership and scales to meet future requirements.
- Enhanced processing at the edge with application management for third-party and legacy applications.
- Versatile connectivity options to suit a range of use cases; from 5G to 2G, including CAT-M and NB-IoT networks, as well as non-cellular connectivity standards, including Wi-SUN.
- Services and expertise that already enable over 500 organizations.
- Flexibility to address small, consumer price point form factors with low power connectivity needs, through to industrial-grade equipment that demands increased security and data bandwidth.
The business will continue to evolve in line with customer needs for at-scale and secure IoT deployments, building on its success with partners and customers spanning diverse applications from utilities to industrial and logistics, including Hexing, Savortex, Nixu Cybersecurity and Tangerine.
*Forecast Analysis: Enterprise IoT Platforms, Worldwide, Gartner, 2020
** Researchandmarkets.com, 2020, The Global M2M/IoT Communications Market